Gathered here are the Oppositelock posts that people put a good deal of effort into writing on Thursday and Friday. It includes two Accords 19 years apart, a Tesla test drive, the Ford Fiesta Tuareg and more.
- Honda Accord vs. Honda Accord Comparo - One Quick Turbo Brick
As I have mentioned in great length before, I am in the unique situation of owning two identical Accords. My wife and I both drive black, manual Honda Accords. However, the only thing that really makes them identical is their name. They are separated by 19 years, 4 generations, 270,000 miles, 2 doors, an EPA size class, an extra gear, .2L of displacement, and an italicized i in front of the acronym VTEC.
- Sibling Rivalry - -Amateur
Nissan was a tour de force back in the late 80's and early 90's. They say the best offense is a the best defense...what if we clash two unyielding offenses together? Enter the Nissan R32 Vs. Z32 300ZX showdown.
Did you know they will let just about anyone drive a Tesla Model S? After seeing tweet after tweet from the Tesla account about "experiencing" an actual Tesla drive, I thought, "Hey, let's fill this link out and see what happens!" Within the hour I was on the phone with a representative, scheduling a trip up to my nearest dealer. That was fast.
- The Best Budget Road trip car is the Prius - Magman007
And I am going to tell you why. Now, you may wish to revoke my man card after this post, but hear me out before you go on and call for my head. Besides the obvious reason of good fuel economy, the prius makes its self the best road trip car for a few more, less thought of reasons.
- 1978 Ford Fiesta Tuareg by Ghia - rabbitman
The Fiesta Tuareg — a functional one-of-a-kind all-terrain vehicle — is equipped for rugged off-road recreational use. Based on Ford Division's popular Fiesta, the Tuareg was a joint design project between Ford's Ghia Operation in Turin, Italy, and the Ford Design Center in Dearborn, Mich. The concept car is built on a 90-inch wheelbase and powered by a 1.1-liter engine with a four-speed manual transmission. The Fiesta Tuareg will be a featured attraction at Ford Division auto show displays this year in 1978.
- Y'all, I'm betting on Tesla. I think you should too - TexasEdition
I don't know how many market junkies we have on here, or if any of you guys are involved in the intraday market at all, but I figured I'd share my opinion anyway. As expected, Tesla stocks took a pretty significant hit over the last two days after news of that post-wreck inferno. However, I am very optimistic about Tesla Motors as a company in the long run.
- 2013 Jaguar XFR-S review - Speedmonkey
The Jaguar XFR-S is an £80,000, rear wheel drive saloon with 550bhp. I tested the XFR last year and found it to be something of an animal. Is the XFR-S any more refined, despite having an extra 47bhp?
The Best of the Rest
Eazy-O took his Saab 9000 to the Nurburgring. Addvanced shared photos of his 1 of 300 imported '95 S6 Avant. MR2_FTW updated us on the build of his Cressida wagon. ForcefulPlatypus took his MR2 for a canyon run. Therotaryisdeadlonglivetherotary was defeated by the rotary in on of his RX7s. Takuro Spirit got his project Trans Am somewhat sorted out in his garage. HammerheadFistpunch took some trails on a back way home. SnaupUndersteer had a Golf R chase his e36 M3 on track. Duki posted an album of photos from the Puget Sound Toyota Owners Festival as well as the Colorado floods. Ubel spotted a matte green FX35.
As always, If I've missed something and you would like me to include it, let me know.
There were several posts that asked questions and sparked some good discussion over the last day. Take a peek and chime in on some of them listed below:
- The Opposite Locker - WayBack Wednesdays - Porsche 550
- The Opposite Locker - FarOut Fridays - Cadillac Converj
- Police & Law Enforcement - Dodge? Chevy? Ford?
- Are slippery tires better on low powered RWD sports car?
- Questions about importing vehicles. Part dos
- Datsun 240z vs. 280z
- Match a car to a personality 10
- One Car Garage - Alfa Romeo
- One Car Garage - Front Wheel Drive
- Are you a snob when you don't want to sleep in your car?
- Unpopular Opinion - [Expletive] Professional Drifting
- Craigslist Hunt: $10,000 Modern Muscle Car
- This is the best FWD car ever built
- Proper Headlight Flashing Gesture?
- Post your wallpaper!
- International asshole, what do you drive?
- What's with the Wagons?
- The Best Looking FWD Car
Just the #tips
- Perfect Man Cave!
- Do you have $25k and Hate Haggling?
- Barrichello to Sauber?
- Don't call me mid-race!
- Birth of a Turbo
- One of the more exciting races I've ever seen
- Nice and Easy Does It
- 1000 Hp Camry
- Driving the Bugatti Veyron Pur Blanc like an idiot
- Kimi crashes at the end of p1 korea
- Tiny car, BIG horn
- Rain racing is fun... [hotd]
- Woman drives 27 miles on three tires
- Speedmonkey 2013 Porsche Cayman review
- Autocross FWD in reverse
- BMWs can do unintened acceleration too, you know!
- Forget the ST, I want a Fiesta R2
These posts have already been shared with Jalopnik directly but deserve to be mentioned again because they were first posted in Oppositelock:
- A Biker's Point of View on the SUV vs Biker Attack
- This Ford V8 Powered MGB On Ebay Is Baby Blue Ice Cold Awesome
- An Apology To My First Car
- Sebastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia are new World Rally Champions!
- A Concept That Never Saw The Light of Day: 1998 Ford SVT Tremor
- MY BLIPSHIFT IS UP!
- An Apology To My First Car
- Just found a rusted out AE86 for sale with "Konig wanabe wheels."
- A Good Riddance To My Third Car
- So you want a supercar? Part 2 - The Infrequent