Gathered here are the Oppositelock posts that people have put a good deal of effort into writing on Wednesday. It includes 'why you can't just go for a drive in a CTS-V wagon', restoring an IH Scout and more.
- Why You Can't Just Go For A Drive In A CTS-V Wagon - Michael Ballaban
I'm on vacation right now and Cadillac has graciously loaned me a CTS-V Wagon (Diamond Black edition, of course), and it's great. Stupendous. Wonderful. Except it's sitting in the driveway, and I'm afraid to drive it.
- My Rusty Hell (part 7) - Pearson Hurst
My Rusty Hell or: How I decided to restore an old, rusty, semi-obscure vehicle with no experience and even less money. It's been a while since I have done any updates on the Scout. Life has been busy, and summertime is a time for enjoying the Scout, not so much for working on it. These are usually about reversing the ravages of time, or fixing things that are broken, but this entry will be slightly different, unless you consider a lack of music in the Scout is something broken, which I do, so lets go.
- This Datsun 210 Honey Bee Was Tossed Aside Like Sandra Bullock - TheDailyTurismo
This Datsun 210 was once loved and used by West Coast Chopper's Jesse James, but life wasn't always sunny for this Japanese classic. Internet gossip has it that Jesse grew tired of the 210 and traded it in for a newer (but still used) Von D-type covered in custom paint but many more miles and a rebuilt title.
- Lies and more lies - HammerheadFistpunch
In this mornings Question of the Day I submitted that fake hood vents, scoops, etc are simply unacceptable, and I think we can all get behind that statement; they look bad, don't have any functionality and make the car look cheap...so why are cars coming with them from the factory?
- Multiple Income Streams, anyone? - Formula4Speed
Rumors of big layoffs have been looming at work. The standard defenses—it can't happen to me, I'm mission-critical, it's all just rumors—are wearing thinner and thinner. Sleep is becoming rarer and rarer. The prospect of being suddenly financially insecure again, even after so much work planning carefully and making all the right moves, looms large over your thoughts. What can you do? Surely living in fear isn't the only solution.
- One Car Garage - Volvo - Eric Siedlecki
Welcome to One Car Garage, in which I choose a manufacturer, and you decide one single vehicle that they make or made (no matter how old, no matter how exclusive) to live with for the rest of your life. This is your only vehicle, and all expenses are paid for, including price of entry, insurance, gas, etc... Today we’re going to be heading to a country we have yet to see. We’re going to be tackling the safety-minded Swedes over at Volvo.
The Best of the Rest
Roflcopter took apart a lot of the engine bay in his RX-8. Magman007 went hooning in parking lot with a coworker in his 325es. ScootScoot had a scare with a battery flying through the windshield of his car. BiTurbo228 found some metal cancer on his Alfa 156 daily driver.
As always, If I've missed something and you would like me to include it, let me know.
There were several posts that asked questions and sparked some good discussion over the last day. Take a peek and chime in on some of them listed below:
- What's Your Favorite Current Aston Martin?
- What Will Be the Last Car With a Manual Transmission?
- Why did you choose your current name on Jalopnik/Oppo?
- Craigslist Hunt: $10,000 Hot Hatch
- Vehicular Intelligence Poll
- The List [cars you've owned]
- Best course of action: Winter tires
- How do I convince my non-F1 fan friends to go see Rush?
- What first project car should I buy to put in my friend's garage?
- Is Akio Toyoda the Steve Jobs of the auto industry?
Just the #tips
- Morgan Freeman GPS
- How cool is the 2014 Mazda3's touch screen infotainment system? VERY.
- German Movie Clip Will Have You Lusting for a 90'S Pontiac Trasport(w/manual trans)
- Rebuild A Jeep in 4 minutes
- Why the F30 and E90 Ride So Differently
- Serious off-roading in a Range Rover Sport!
- Further Proof That The Smart Car Is Dumb
- Wakeboarding Behind A Plane
These posts have already been shared with Jalopnik directly but deserve to be mentioned again because they were first posted in Oppositelock:
- The Most Important Aspect of Alfa Romeo's New 4C
- Speedmonkey 2013 Peugeot 208 GTI review
- Toyota MR2 (AW11) from 1986 - an Oppo review