With my (currently imaginary) budget of $6k, these are the vehicles I'm think of considering when the time comes.
- Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra: 1999-2007, extended cab
- Chevy Tahoe/ GMC Yukon: 2001-2007
- Chevy Avalanche: First generation, without body cladding
- GMC Envoy/Chevy Trailblazer: 2002-2009, standard length
- Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon: Any year, I6 or V8
- Pontiac G6 GTP: Any Year, Coupe or Sedan
- Saturn Astra: Any year, 3-door, manual
- Saturn Aura: Any year, V6
- Saturn Vue: Later first generation, V6
- Cadillac CTS: First gen, 3.6 preferred (I've found them around $6k somehow)
- Pontiac Grand Prix GXP: FWD V8
If you can't tell, I'm all over the place right now. I think I'm leaning more towards an SUV or truck because that's what I'm used to driving. I'm trying to stick to GM, for obvious reasons.
Mind you, these are all around $6k right now, there could be other ones around the same price in two years.
Some opinions on the ones above and other recommendations would be awesome.
CTS-V for your time.