It’s been about 2 months since I put the wheels up in the air on the $950 Miata project. I resolved the brake fitment issue, installed new wheels, resolved the handbrake issue (over-tight on one side, not tight on the other), and we’re just about in business.

I took it around the block and over to an empty lot for a quick spin today. I discovered an issue with the stainless lines rubbing at full lock but that should be fairly easily resolved.

I took it around the neighborhood hills for a ride. Still needs an alignment then a clutch but damn - it’s flat, stiff, and doesn’t rub on bumps. Howboutthemapples!

Advertisement

As an aside, the old wheels cleaned up nicely. Let me know if you want them.