While the truck made through the entire Oppo Rally, it was not running great, and got progressively worse throughout the 450 trip. After the rally the truck was virtually undrivable.

I knew the distributor was not great, as it was swapped over from the old engine due the the wiring harness on the donor engine’s distributor not being compatible with the ‘64 wiring.

I decided since it was $40, to just buy a replacement unit, and this weekend I swapped it out. When I pulled it out, I found a slight problem...

And if that wasn’t ridiculous enough, it was also filled with oil.

New distributor, cap, rotor & coil and it is almost like a new truck.