Here it is, Proton’s latest effort at a compact sedan. As part of three new sedans to be released this year, this is the second, the first being the new Perdana and the third being the new Saga.
Here are some statistics, so you don’t have to go Google searching:
• RM 46,350 (~ $11.5k USD at time of publishing)
• 5-Star ASEAN NCAP rating
• ABS, ESC, traction control, hill-hold assist, and ISOFIX mount standard
• driver and passenger airbags on the Standard model, 6 on the Premium variant
• 1.6 Liter 4-cylinder VVT engine (107 hp, 150 Nm)
• Based on the Iriz platform
• Manual only available on the base Standard variant (ugh)
This seems to be a strong competitor to the also recently released Perodua Bezza, and better looking in my opinion too. Both present a good value for what they are.
Will it do well on the market? Perodua’s earlier release and lower starting price may give the Bezza a slight advantage. But only time will tell.
Photos Credit: PaulTan.org