Battery box fabricated for a shorter (and 1.1kg lighter) battery. I’ve also shifted it forwards in the chassis slightly to be partially obscured by the frame rail so it’ll look a little neater.

I also cut down the front mudguard and repainted it :) much nicer.

Lastly I weighed all the various bits and pieces I’ve cut off the bike and including the saving from the battery it’s 11.1kg! That’s a decent amount from a 169kg bike. I’ll have added a smidge back in with the new seat frame, but that’s only 20mm thinwall tube so weighs sod all. I’m thinking a 10kg saving is pretty realistic :)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Current work time: 1.5 days