For some reason this came across my Twitter this afternoon - Autocar and What Car? are looking for a Road Tester. Here’s the job description:
Almost 100 years on from inventing the road test in the 1920s, Autocar remains the go-to destination in print and online for the most in-depth and authoritative enthusiast car reviews anywhere in the world. The road tester will work alongside the road test editor and wider team to play a key role in the creation of Autocar’s reviews content.
- Work with the road test editor and road test team to help create the weekly road test in Autocar magazine
- Play a key role in covering launches at home and abroad for the first drives section of the website and magazine. While on launches, ensure we maximise every opportunity for news gathering and creating social media content
- Play a key role in ensuring timely publication to the website for first drive reviews, and be involved in checking the copy for accuracy and consistency, and the upload for housekeeping requirements
- Book cars for first drives, group tests and road tests, and ensure the wider Autocar team is available to write them
- Play a wider role in managing social media output of Autocar’s reviews content, ensuring that Autocar’s social coverage reflects and maximises the opportunities we get with cars
- Work closely with the video team to ensure we’re getting the best possible value from each car loan and launch opportunity in creating video content
- Work with the digital reviews editor to ensure the data in Autocar’s A-Z section is regularly updated, and data online is also up to date
- Contribute to the features section of the magazine and website in writing longer drive pieces and comparison tests as necessary. You should also regularly offer opinion pieces for the website, too.
So pretty much every Oppo’s dream job. Here’s the link if you want to apply: