Long story short, flight should have landed in Rome. Continued on to Switzerland, squawked with code 7500: aircraft hijacking.
- Talks of "asylum."
- Plane definitely landed.
- Reports that pilots are climbing out of windows.
- Swiss law enforcement negotiating with individual aboard Ethiopian Airlines Flight 702.
- That press release by Ethiopian Airlines got taken down.
- Passengers will be disembarking within the next few minutes. (6:21 GST)
- Avoidance of Doubt on that Press Release, being taken down and reposted.
- Geneva airport: Police continue to negotiate with "individual" aboard Ethiopian Airlines Flight 702.
- So the flight's cancelled.
- This is all the webcams are showing.
- As the major news channels bring up the info, we have reports that the situation is over. Many. Many. Many reports.
- Geneva Tower: back to normal operation shortly (6:54 GST)
Pistol Pete is the Transporter brings up a previous Ethiopian Hijacking:
They're lucky they landed safely. Hijacked Ethiopian Boeing 767s don't have a good track record.
Going to try and note all the big publications picking up:
Look for the posts about why Twitter blew up over this before actual news channels. But, someone ping me if they actually have more than is available on Twitter.
h/t to @MatthewKeysLive and, @ThatJohn they've been keeping me up to date on Twitter, @wizkashifa. and to NoahthePorscheGuy and Pistol Pete is the Transporter, they've been linking me some great articles and pictures!