Bump for the evening crowd. The short version is: door is fixed, windows and lock works, mirror doesn’t fold because it’s not a motorised version (derp), yes I can (slowly) fix all those clear coat scratches myself, and unfortunately, yes, my employer can ask for my insurance information and expect me to have a certain level of insurance beyond legal requirements. But it’s not nearly as expensive as I feared.

While my mechanic worked on swapping the door innards, I worked on pulling everything out of the car for a cleaning:

I spray and washed the DC5 Integra Type R Recaros and did a lot better job fitting the carpet. There’s still some modification to be made, but it’s a lot better now underneath the center console, and I’m getting it ready for under dash console build and side wall additions. I reinstalled my dead pedal foot rest thingie, and imagine my surprise when it was exactly molded the same as that part of the EP3 carpet. Now I just need to get a metal dead panel to put over it! HONDA, folks, HONDA.

Advertisement

Then of course, I vacuumed. I also pulled off the fraying faux carbon fiber on the center dash cover. I’ll be painting it gunmetal to match the 2001 TS instrument cluster.

Advertisement

Advertisement

I de-badged everything so I can clean/refresh everything like my TS logo and the Logo logo (say that five times fast). The Honda emblems will be replaced with red ones as befits this car... I just ordered these:

Advertisement

Significantly less obvious clear coat scratches (found a polisher that was working just by hand buffing, but I didn’t quite finish the job). I wanted to get everything washed and waxed. ALSO FIXED REAR DOOR HANDLE. It’s been broken since I bought the car! Yay!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Windshield gets replaced in two weeks, then some of that bumper and wheel well damage will get fixed/repainted.

Oh, yeah, did I mention... My mechanic says he CAN do the paperwork for a B-series swap. Yup, I buried the lede all the way at the bottom. Deal with it.