Long story short, my life has taken a turn where I no longer need a car. I live in the same city I work in (not 6 hours away), I live in the downtown core and have zero need for a car.
That being said, I’ve been getting into karting and now want to expand on that hobby and also look into auto cross/track days/curvy road driving.
My budget is currently up to $14,000 Canadian. I can likely swing up to four times that but I have zero need for this car so it’s 100% a glorified toy. I don’t really want to spend more than $14k as it’s low enough that when I sell it in a year or four, it won’t lose much value and wasn’t a stupid financial decision for a toy.
Things I will do with the car:
- Track it
- Drag strip
- Road trips
- Drive out to do my hobbies (cycling/go karting)
- Groceries once a week?
- Only drive it on weekends lol
Things the car needs to be able to do
- Fit myself and 1 passenger (I am 6ft 3 and want to fit with a helmet comfortably)
- Be fun as hell to drive whether it’s a highway or a track (think Corvette
- Be reliable enough to consistently take a beating on the track
- Not cost a fortune to keep running
- Low depreciation curve in the future
- Either fit a bicycle/other stuff on top or inside the car (I’m thinking sea sucker)
Cars currently considering:
- BMW 128i (seems a bit weak/not the greatest driving experience)
- Fiesta ST
TLDR; I don’t need a car, want one, don’t want to spend a fortune. Uses are track/road trips (for driving pleasure)/curvy roads and sometimes groceries. I am 6ft 3.5 and want to be able to fit with a helmet comfortably.