Back in 2011, Ford made a huge mistake. By phasing out the beloved Crown Victoria, they handed the huge North American law enforcement market to Chrysler (mostly) and GM. They thought that law enforcement agencies would buy the Crown Vic replacement, the FWD-based Taurus/Explorer duo. It didn’t happened.
Now, let’s go back in 2011 and pretend Ford made the right decision and kept producing the Crown Vic, what would it today in 2014 ?
This is my take on the elusive 2014 Crown Vic.
- Power would come from the 2.7L Ecoboost instead of the old 4.6L
- New more aerodynamic front clip with ruggedized bumper
- LED lighting package
- Body would use Aluminium panels much like the F150
- SelectShift® 6-speed auto w/progressive range select & tow haul mode
- Start-Stop tech with batteries in the trunk to provide power during long idling period, increasing the car’s longevity.
- Tesla-like interior screen instead of resorting to a laptop
What is your idea of a 2015 Crown Victoria Police interceptor ?