Went back and forth on the 2 cars and bought the used one. Once all was said and done it was a 5k difference to buy the new 2019 Volt vs the 2016 with 7900mi. However, to get it that close via a $1500 rebate we had to take GM’s finance. With a 750 score at 7%, and had to keep the account with them and not refinance for 6mo.
Uh. No. I’m not signing a loan at that rate, especially when the used was 3.8%. I know if I do the math the total outlay difference between a low rate for the life of the loan vs 6mo at bullshit rates and refinancing isn’t much. I just can’t deal with committing like that not knowing what the future may hold. Anything can happen that might stick us with a crazy rate long term. Plus my initial outlay would be much higher and have to wait until next year for the tax credit.
So we now own a Volt. So far so good. Time to suck up the excess power my solar produces instead of giving it to the power company.