Today was the day, the day of destiny.

Well the day the new engine got inserted deep inside the freshly cleaned engine bay. What follows is an array of photos from the days:

Alot has happened in the last few weeks. We are now interiorless and untangling the Loom, to remove all the ICE and undeeded stuff.
Cage will be here soon (well early 2017)
And the wheel will be gone, to be replaced with a nice Quick Release number.

Advertisement

Rear bench, headed for the tip next weekend.
Along with all this goodness/
And the beast, before the day started. Cleaned the engine bay, as never going to get a better chance.

Advertisement

Yep, thats a lot of shite.
We decided to try and fit the engine and gearbox in 1 go. Without the exhaust should be possible.

Advertisement

Mod number 1 (apologies for the god awful photo). An ebay special Thermostatic Oil cooler, complete with sandwich plate. More on that fitting later.
Oh, and bumper came off. Foglights gone bye bye.

Advertisement

The aforementioned thermostatic sandwich plate. We fitted this now, as it would have been an utter nightmare to do in the car. Took quite a lot of fiddling to get in, including a trip to the local autofactors to get a 1/4" BSP plug to replace an un-needed connector on the block, and allow us to orientate the plate as needed.
Tarty lines run to the cooler which we will mount where the AC rad used to live. Also has take-offs for a pressure and temp gauge, but thats a later job.

Advertisement

Naked bumper.
Slightly better photo of the cooler. Orderd from china last saturday, arrived thursday in england. Not bad.
The block and box together and getting closer to insertion. Also, Bald housemates head fiddling with a knob.....

Advertisement

Toyoda box. Just so you cant forget who the parents of Lexus is.
Filter in. Had to loosen the sandwich plate and shove it across to get the filter to screw on. Fiddly bastard, but even more proof that doing this with the engine out was the right call.

Advertisement

Tight.
Oo, just the tip...

Advertisement

Tight.
Getting closer now.
However the front radiator/bonnet catch ended up getting moved to give us the leverage needed.

Advertisement

And shes in. Almost, except for the near engine mount which, um, wasnt. Time to fiddle around a little.
Nearly there.

Advertisement

Sadly, we ran out of light to do much more, so the engine is in now and some of the bolts on the mounts fitted, but not all.

Aim for tomorrow is to get it running, but that depends on how long it takes me to change my gearbox and diff fluid on the S2000. Once thats done, back to the Lexus to see if we can make it spit some flame!