Don’t worry, I lived. Here was the final attack:
And here was my team:
Team review, from top left to bottom right:
- Mae is awesome. Just a tank. Best knight in my opinion.
- Arthur is fucking horrible! I used him because he’s so supposed to become incredibly strong at high levels, but if you have to suffer a weakling 99% of the time before then, what’s the point? You don’t need to max out you characters to beat the game. I hate him.
- Anri (white-haired wizard) is better than I remembered. High defense and a spell that can one-hit Chimeras. Tough goings early on, but paid off quickly.
- Tao is only good for her blaze spell, but it’s still good enough to use her throughout the entire game.
- I never used Kris (healer) before, but she’s a real diamond in the rough. High defense, Aura, and solid stats. I gave her the movement ring and that made her much more useful and racked up the experience points.
- Diane (pink-haired archer) was also a new addition. She was unimpressive, like all the game’s archers. But she had her moments and I think I’d use her over her competition... were I to use an archer again. Extremely useful in the last quarter of the game, kind of just along for the ride in the first three.
- Using Amon (first birdy) was a novel experience. Her stats stunk but flying over all obstacles is too useful and speeds up this turn-based whatever game.
- ... Which is why I brought Balbory along too (second birdy). He died a lot... Probably more than anyone else on the team. But he got in his shots and was first to charge into battle (I guess that explains the dying part). His stats are better than Amon’s but only barely.
- Kokich is useful because he flies. Otherwise he kind of sucks too. But used with other fliers, and it starts to all work.
- Bleu (the dragon) is probably the strongest character in the game. His poor speed and movement are offset by his ability to fly. Plus he shoots lightning from his mouth instead of fire!
- Zylo is overpowered early on, but starts to fall behind as the game progresses. His stats finally spike in the last chapter fee battles.
- Zoidberg (me) is not a space crab.