917 Redline Restoration Process

Here’s what I’ve done so far over the last day.


Disassembled and looked over the car. Holy wow this thing is in great shape. I’d thought about getting paint remover, but felt much better about what I did in lieu. I took 1000 grit sandpaper and worked my way around the majority of the car for a good while.

To me it Felt much much more involved and rewarding, as comparatively inefficient and time consuming it was to paint remover. I‘ve got new wheels ready to go on and have to get paint, but this should be done before the end of this week.

Share This Story

Get our newsletter