So progress has be a little slow currently on the Europa. It has mostly been banging out U-joints, unfreezing caliper pistons, Injecting foam, sanding, cutting ect. First Major Part done was the transmission was cleaned up and repainted.

Nope I did not pick the color...
Nope I did not pick the color...
Advertisement

Next up was the disassembly of the front brake calipers. The pistons were pretty rusted in place and took a lot of beating and pushing with a grease gun.

Rust
Rust
Its apart. New pistons came with the rebuild kit
Its apart. New pistons came with the rebuild kit

The Rear suspension and axles were busted apart, stripped and painted

Illustration for article titled A Little More Progress on the Lotus
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled A Little More Progress on the Lotus

And some experiments with structural foam were done. This is going to be injected into a lot of the open space in the body of the Europa to add rigidity and safety support.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled A Little More Progress on the Lotus

And my favorite part was I did some test sprays of the paint color that I chose for it. I still have to find a good yellow for the stripes, bonus points if anyone figures out what car the paint is from.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled A Little More Progress on the Lotus
Illustration for article titled A Little More Progress on the Lotus
Advertisement

Yes I know my spray job is not great, I kind of rushed it to get it done.

Tune in next time for some more sporadic updates.

Share This Story

Get our newsletter