Repost with added info/pics to date.

As most of you know, I’ve been working on my latest addition, 1994 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L/Auto (well was). This is the day I brought her home:

Advertisement

After screwing with the 4 cylinder for a couple months trying to sort cooling issues, I decided my van’s old motor would be a better fit, so I set to work swapping wiring, refinishing engine bay, and throwing new gaskets/fresh paint on the engine:

Swapping wiring harnesses under hood.

Advertisement

Requires pulling wiring from behind the dash.

Advertisement

Which leads you to this.

Advertisement

Finally get it back together.

Advertisement

Engine Out.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Needed some color in my life.

Advertisement

Shiny new engine.

Advertisement

Dropping her in.

Advertisement

Trans bolted up.

Advertisement

Everything mounted.


This madness leads to more madness as we decide to go full custom outside as well:
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

So I laid down a base on the spare hood/fender I had.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Then my paint crew set to work making it “out of this world”.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Then I added clear, installed them, and did some work on the SRT4 wheels I picked up.


Now it’s 2 months later and she’s back on jackstands as I’ve been trying to figure a limp mode issue since the drivetrain went in. Numerous computers, sensors, and wiring harnesses changed, only to find the trans was junk from the start leading to most of my issues. Now I have a donor sitting in the driveway and I’ve started tearing into it again:

Advertisement

Donor

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Taking things back apart.

Got the new trans in, which also required swapping the wiring harnesses again to match the newer trans:

Advertisement

Got it all swapped in and working.

Then I set into refinishing the body to take care of the couple rust bubbles and typical paint peel:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Pulled her into my grandpa’s garage to lay down the new color:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Pulled her out to bake and get back together:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Drove her home and snagged some more pics:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Got my exhaust redone to get rid of the tiny 4 cyl exhaust and installed my SRT4 wheels:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

That was this summer. Since then we’ve been driving and enjoying the hell out of it. It’s quick, efficient, rides great, and gets a lot of attention.

She’s currently in winter mode, awaiting spring so the SRTs can go back on:

Advertisement

As it stands, we just plan to enjoy it and run it til the wheels fall off. Not really any future plans for this old girl, she’s about perfect the way she sits.