Another day means another step taken to firing up my ‘74 Spider back to life from its dormant hibernation of two decades.
I spent the day sorting out the front bits that power this Italian stallion. The big win is that the crankshaft rotates with ease and the engine isn’t seized. the wiring harness is intact up front and the engine still has coolant/oil that look to be in good shape.
I still need a battery and a customary coolant flush with oil change will be made for good measure.
Exhibit A: The spark plugs. I have yet to run a compression test on the block and of course the whole ignition system will be replaced with new components. I haven’t checked the starter yet, hoping it works or will work with motivation from a hammer in case its seized.
The airbox is a mess. The filters are decayed and there is animal hair and nesting grub strewn about inside. Someone made it’s home in there, an animal of culture I see. Luckily I don’t need this part just for the initial start.
There she is in all her glory, the SPICA mechanical fuel injection unit. Unknown if it’s all sorted out yet. Kinda hoping it is because it’s going to be a costly one if its not.
The throttle linkage needs a good oiling since it gets stuck at full throttle, which isn’t a bad place to be. I still need to go over the fuel system and for sure I need a new pump and fuel tank since the one on there has holes from rust.
That’s all that I have to report, thanks and enjoy some other pics I took!