Got home Friday to find my car filled with goodies (the wife and kids thought it’s be funny to sneak them to the car because they knew I’d been waiting for them):
So I got it up on stands and set to work:
Got the faulty side apart:
The shoe material had separated and would wedge into the rear shoe in reverse, which was causing my issue. Tearing the brakes apart notified me of my rear wheel bearings that were also on their last legs, so I ordered them as well from the local parts store.
I then set into putting the new rear parts on, but decided I needed more color behind my wheels. I had my oldest daughter pick a new color for the brakes:
While she was painting the brake drums/calipers, I put the new shoes in:
Got the new brakes done and reinstalled the wheels:
Then I set into the fuel system. I had spliced it over winter to get it through winter and the tank was bad enough it would “weep” around the pump:
Out came the tank and lines. Ran all new lines from the engine bay back and installed the new tank/pump/sending unit:
It’s not the most perfect line job, but it’s functional. All in all everything went off without a hitch.
Also managed to clean the house from top to bottom Saturday to prepare for the oldest daughter’s Bday party, took 2 van loads of kids bowling for her Bday, and went and chilled out on my friends’ 120 acres while the kids “got lost” in the woods. Dropped everyone off yesterday morning, got groceries, then went back to work. My oldest daughter was out there most of the afternoon helping out.