As I tore this engine down, I suspected it to have been rebuilt before due to the liberal use of orange RTV on everything and one-hell-of-a-blue-sealant holding the heads on (plus the nose of the crank looks like someone turned it over with a pipe wrench). I confirmed that when I pulled the pan and flipped it over this evening.

Just about every part not shown here is up for grabs if anyone wants it

The rods and caps have already been number-stamped. What’s interesting is that they go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 7, 6. Whoops. I can’t decide if I should leave the numbers and plan to put them back right or if it would be best to just leave them out of order and re-stamp 6 and 8 as 8 and 6.

For the curious, the bores seem okay, with minor scoring and very little ridge. If I’m really lucky I might not have to buy pistons.