This is a platform for User Generated Content. G/O Media assumes no liability for content posted by Kinja users to this platform.

Anyone have experience with moving out of CA and back?

I might be moving out of California (to Texas) for work without a definite timeline for return. Does anyone know, if i inform the state of my move, can re-register my car under it’s original license if it is still with the car after it returns to California? The idea being I would still register it when I get the Texas so it would be legal and I can use it. Or should I register my car as non-op with CA DMV to keep it’s issued plates? They are the 1980s Golden State plates so I really want to keep the car registered with them when/if I move back. Would it be worthwhile to ask CA DMV?


Share This Story

Get our newsletter