I watched some videos on changing car batteries, but I’m not 100% sure. I have an Interstate battery ready to go into my Crown Vic tomorrow morning, but I want to be absolutely sure that I’m going to do it correctly.
Let me list off the steps in order, and you guys can correct me.
- Remove negative battery terminal, set it aside (isolated).
- Remove positive terminal cover, remove the terminal, set aside (isolate).
- Remove battery bracket holding it in place.
- Remove the old battery.
- (Optional) Clean battery terminals with solution and brush. I already bought a kit for this.
- Drop in the new battery, install the securing bracket.
- Remove red plastic cover, install positive terminal and tighten it. Put the terminal cover on.
- Secure negative terminal after removing the plastic piece. Tighten it real good.
- All done?
Did I get it right?