TL;DR: I used to dislike how BMW does the GT body style. I felt they should always stick to the wagon as the family oppo's car. Until I discover this 550i GT with very distinguishing mod, I am convinced that this would the ultimate Gran Turismo.
As a bimmer fan, I just don't get the GT. It looks bloated. Sexy roof line becomes a big hunch on the back of middle age businessman with a huge buttom. Even with the badge, the luxury interior, and potentially 445HP turn-hunch-into-Hulk V8 TwinTurbo, I just can't...
Disclaimer: I don't know Dinan_GT at all and actually sent him PM on bimmerfest to get his blessing. He was pretty cool about me doing a post on his lovely vehicle. I am not getting anything if he sells the car, hack, if I weren't in west coast, I might not even share with you all.
However, I came across this beautiful vehicle for sale by Dinan_GT on Bimmerfest forum. Let me just say, it totally blew my mind.
After lower her stance with H&R springs and update with 20" wheel, it's basically a badass vehicle, peeking at you with that smoky yellow fog light, and devouring every corner she can find.
You can see more car porn on his flickr or this thread.
Specs on this Dinan 2010 550i GT:
- Black Sapphire Metallic
- Ivory White/ Black Nappa Leather
- Cold Weather Package
- Sport Package
- Park Distance Control
- Premium HiFi System
- Dynamic Handling Package (very rare for F07)
- Navigation Option (10.2" Screen)
- DINAN Stage 2 (over $4K including labor) (510+ hp, 580 ft-lb of torque)
- Custom Exhaust with Black Quad Tips by AutoCoutureMotoring (over $1K w/ labor) (I can include stock mufflers)
-H&R springs installed ($350 value) (also can include stock springs)
- Custom BMW Performance Style 316 20" Rims Matte Black ($6K)
- Non-RFT Bridgestone Summer Potenzas ($1K+)
-20% Viper Window Tint (over $500 w/ labor)
- Custom Red Painted Calipers (over $600 w/ labor)
- Front Reflector Deletes
Car was also coded for:
- Digital Speed in Instrument Cluster
- Mirrors Fold, Windows Up, Moonroof Close with Extended Lock Button Press
- Fog Lights On w/ Unlock Button
- DVD in Motion
For sale thread:
I will be honest that having looking at F36 and F31 for the past two months, I am intrigued in getting a lightly used CPO F07 and lower her stance with the big wheel on. Maybe not so much Dinan, but F07 can be the ultimate family oppo's car, the Gran Turismo.