In a feat of amazing coincidence, just after talking about the renegade this morning I went down to get my camera gear of out my car and discovered this happy pair. The renegade is larger than I though; Its not that the Juke is a big car, but I just assumed the Renegade was much smaller than this. UPDATE: So I wanted to know how big the renegade was compared to an XJ Cherokee and here is what I found.
|XJ Upcountry||Renegade Trailhawk|
Wow, that’s pretty incredible. A couple of notes:
1. the XJ is much more powerful for its weight
2. the XJ ground clearance is measured at the diffs, the renegade is smooth on the bottom so its measurements are basically uniform
3. The XJ would probably kill you in a crash
4. the XJ engine was up 2 cylinders and 1.6 liters up and WAY heavier. It was also much thirstier.
5. The XJ featured a dual range transfer case with true low range, the renegade does not.