Hi already angry fellow Oppos. I want to tell you that I want to ban trucks.
I’ve been contemplating this for a while and I think it’s time we ban trucks for normal people to buy, use and drive. This will come into effect when I become supreme ruler.
I will make the following exceptions:
1) If you already own a truck: I don’t want to confiscate anyone’s wheels.
2) If you own a truck older than 25 years: I’m biased, because I do (see below). Also, “classics” are exempt from my law.
3) If you have a commercial drivers licence
4) If you pass a “truck test” during your licensing/driving tests and get endorsed to operate a truck.
The reasons I want to do this are as follows:
1) Bad for the environment - trucks, on average burn more gas than other classes of vehicle
2) They are huge. You don’t need a truck to commute from your McMansion to your job as an accountant in the city.
3) Truck bros, they will have to jump through extra hoops
4) Safety: trucks are not the safest class of vehicle.
5) Just as a fun fact, where I live, Pickups are classed as commercial vehicles, without exception. You don’t have to get a different licence or extra training, but they are insured differently. Not sure how this applies to utes. It’s never come up.
Anyway... Discuss: Tell me how dumb/smart I am and why you do or don’t support this idea.