So...a couple weeks back, I ordered some fancy masks from Blipshift. The site said to allow 2-3 weeks for delivery, however they made it to my house in 6 days. Huzzah!
Having used them for a few days now, I can say they are pretty fantastic. The material is silky smooth, and don’t seem to chafe my skin like the work-provided cotton masks I’ve been using for the last few months.
Here’s a quick rundown of my Pros and Cons...
- Soft material, almost feels like silk.
- Good coverage of the mouth and nose, even with my facial hair.
- Nice patterns with vibrant colors. I’ve only hand-washed them, but so far no color run or fade.
- Quality stitching. The elastic has a great feel, holds well without feeling like it’s trying to pull my ears off.
- At $16 each, they are a little bit pricey.
- No rigid part to pinch around the bridge of the nose, leaves a bit of a gap on both sides.
- The material is a bit sheer, it looks a little funny with my mustache and beard.
Now, with all that said. I have had one person comment on the Pleiades mask, asking if I had a Subaru. I lied and said yes, because it seemed like a quicker way to end the conversation with the random stranger standing within my personal space. The 787 mask, on the other hand, has gotten absolutely zero correct guesses from people. Two people, however, have asked if it was from Power Rangers. I’ll probably be ordering at least one or two more, as it seems this pandemic thing is going to be happening for awhile.
In conclusion, I give them a hearty thumbs up.
Oh, and the keychain is new too. It replaced an old Blipshift one that served me well for about the last five years and was started to look a little haggard. The new one felt like a good choice, working in the aviation world and all.