Wife and I have an anniversary coming up. She decided she wants to go see some Europe. We will be going through Austria, Slovakia and Czech republic. Best I can remember from Hostel is that I will need a lot of bubble gum and/or cigarettes to pay off kids and save our lives.

If I were to rent a Lada of some sort (POS so kids don’t steal the hub caps) can I rent it from one country and leave it in another? I.E. Pick up the rental in Austria and leave it with Czechs?

Do I need an international driver permit?

Wish me luck.