What’s the best budget car for the task of driving 2,451 miles from Chicago to LA?
- Budget: $5k
- Must have 6 or more cylinders (that’s the American way)
- Good acceleration
- Roomy enough for you, significant other or friend, and all your luggage and souvenirs.
- Must be reliable enough to last 5000 miles round trip (which rules out that Jaaag you were thinking of)
- A comfortable ride is key. You don’t want to drive a Miata on coilovers for 5000 miles, across poorly maintained roads.
- Can’t be FWD. FWD is not the American way.
Bonus challenge A: Less than 10 years old.
Bonus challenge B: American, built before 1976.