Having survived cancer twice, a friend is celebrating 11 years of being cancer free and has been nominated for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society(LLS) Man & Woman of the Year campaign! The LLS mission is to study and cure blood cancers. His goal is to raise $10,000 for each of his cancer-free years—totaling $110,000. As part of his fundraising campaign he is working with a family friend of his to sell their Toby Keith Edition Ford F-150 with EcoBoost and a portion of the final sale price will be donated to his fundraiser by the current owner. The total amount LLS receives will be based on the following three donation rates:
- For the first $100,000 25% will be donated.
- 50% of the remaining sales price between $100,001 to $250,000 will be donated.
- 75% of the remaining sales price above $250,000 will be donated.
The truck was won in the Built Ford Tough Locked & Loaded Tour Sweepstakes; it is the only one in the world, a fully-loaded SuperCrew customized throughout with Toby Keith's signature, icon and gear. Toby himself presented the truck to the winner at a concert. Some highlights of the custom work are:
- Preloaded with every song and music video from Toby Keith
- Toby Keith signature on all door handles and throughout the vehicle
- Toby's Ford guitar painted and signed on the bed cover
- Custom seat embroidery
- Custom front/grille
- Custom paint
If you are a Ford or Toby Keith fan now is your chance to own a truly one of a kind vehicle and help a great cause.
Visit the ebay auction here: 2011 Ford F-150 Platinum Toby Keith contest truck
You can donate to the fundraiser here: Fundraising Page
To learn more about my friend and his truly amazing story you can read his blog here: cancerslayerblog
(5/30 2:24 Est Update: Clarified the language of the donation levels)