My current car, if you didn’t know:

Background: I have about 7 months and around $3500 left to payoff my car. I’m planning to upgrade though, and I’m looking at sports cars. So, I’ve been thinking about upgrading in less than 7 months so I have all of summer with the new car rather than just August-November (assumed).

So here’s the question: Should I pay off my mustang early, trade it in with a balance, or just wait until it’s paid off at the normal pace and just have less fun time with the new car?

I have the money to pay it off, but I’m also planning to put some money down on the next vehicle. I don’t know if the difference in trade-in value will be significant if I get rid of the mustang a few months earlier so that may not matter. My other issue, is that if I get the new (to me) car close to winter, I’ll have to quickly get new snow tires (and maybe a second set of wheels) for that car and swap it over within a few months. Keep in mind, I don’t actually know which car I’m getting yet but I can certainly make that decision in a month or a few.

So, what would you guys do? Am I just being too impatient?