So my grandpa wants a new car...don’t ask me why - he is 84 years old, and drives about 15-20 miles per week.
His current ride: 2009 Hyundai Genesis V8 Sedan. It’s got about 93K on it and he loves it. The Genesis successfully converted him from being a staunch Lexus man. It’s RWD and he doesn’t like the gas mileage...because that’s important when drive 1000 miles a year.
- Leather Seats
- Automatic Seats
- Safety stuff (blind spot monitor, bark distance control, cameras and auto braking if available)
- Under $40,000
- Easy to get in and out of
- Doesn’t really want to go American (I’d recommend an Encore if not)
- Doesn’t want something too premium this time around (ie. Audi, BMW, Lexus, MB, etc)
- No VW (he had a bad experience like 30 years ago)
- Under 185" length...weird - I know. His rear bumper on the Genesis gets replaced about 4 times a year because the thing is too long for him.
So far, he’s looked at a 2016 Volvo S60 T5 and liked it a lot. What I’ve recommended (no order):
Subaru Forester XT
Kia Sportage SX Turbo
He’s not a brand snob and I think the egress/ingress of a small crossover would be perfect. I would recommend a Kia Soul since it’s amazing for old people, but it’s a bit to quirky for him.
Any other suggestions?