It relies heavily on the American Automobile Labeling Act.
The winner is the Jeep Cherokee but is the only Jeep in the top 15. Honda/Acura come up the most followed by Chevy/GMC.
Top 15 list is at the bottom, followed by the reference link.
Last redesigned in 2017, the American-Made Index considers five key factors for each model:
- The final-assembly location
- The origin of parts in the car as reported for the American Automobile Labeling Act
- The origin country (or countries) for its engines
- The origin country (or countries) for transmissions
- The number of Americans its parent automaker employs at the factory level
The top 15 (for 2019)
1. Jeep Cherokee Assembled in Belvidere, Ill.
2. Honda Odyssey Assembled in Lincoln, Ala.
3. Honda Ridgeline Assembled in Lincoln, Ala.
4. Honda Passport Assembled in Lincoln, Ala.
5. Chevrolet Corvette Assembled in Bowling Green, Ky.
6. Acura MDX Assembled in East Liberty, Ohio
7. Honda Pilot Assembled in Lincoln, Ala.
8. Chevrolet Colorado Assembled in Wentzville, Mo.
9. GMC Canyon Assembled in Wentzville, Mo.
10. Acura RDX Assembled in East Liberty, Ohio
11. Chevrolet Camaro Assembled in Lansing, Mich.
12. Toyota Avalon Assembled in Georgetown, Ky.
13. Ford F-150 Assembled in Claycomo, Mo., and Dearborn, Mich.
14. Honda Accord Assembled in Marysville, Ohio
15. Toyota Tundra Assembled in San Antonio