Impressions on hopping into the Mitsi from the 86:
- Mmmm, nice seats. Squishy.
- Nice to have decent visibility again - big airy glasshouse. Except I can’t see anything behind me because of all those headrests and the spare.
- Shit, I just about hit something in the parking lot because I couldn’t wind off lock fast enough - haven’t Mitsubishi realised that with power steering you don’t need 100 turns lock to lock?
- Man, the ride’s terrible. Wallow, wallow, wallow, BANG, wallow.
- Jeez, that’s a lot of tire noise. Offroad tires suck.
- That V6 really feels like it’s working for its living - there’s a lot of mass in this puppy.
- HOW much gas did I just put in it? And HOW far since the last tank?
- Look, a corner. This’ll be amusing (giggle)
Impressions on hopping into the 86 from the Mitsi
- Mmmm, nice seats. Snuggly.
- Wow, things less than 20 feet from me actually DO exist. Except if they’re in my rear quarter behind those stupid C pillars..
- Shit, I just about drove off the road because I twitched my finger - haven’t Toyota realised people actually drive these things in real life?
- Man, the ride’s terrible. Thud, thud, thud, BANG, thud.
- Jeez, that’s a lot of road noise. Wish there was some sound insulation.
- That little boxer feels like it’s working for its living - where’s the torque when you need it?
- That’s too cheap to be a full tank, isn’t it?
- Look, a corner. This’ll be amusing (maniacal giggle)
..So basically they’re pretty much identical, from the drivers perspective. Except the Mitsi drinks more.
<edited to say: WTF Kinja? When are you people going to sort out photo orientation?>