Today was the end of the first of my two one week furloughs that we need to do by end of June. So rather than a race shirt I will give the most meaningful accomplishements of today.....
Re-installing the anti rattle clips on my Si. I left them out with the last pad change because they contributed to uneven pad wear. But the loose pads are too noisy so back they go. While I was at it, I also rotated the Si tires.
Finally I repolished and installed UV sealent on the Si and Uplander headlights. I had cleaned them last year but they were starting to haze again.
The result is not perfect. There is some uneveness in the coating and I could not polish out some of the haze completely. But it is far better than the doing nothing and looks great from 5 feet.
I used Mother’s headlight restoration kit which I would recommend. It has sanding and polishing disks and I think it is the way to go.
I also used the Sylvania UV Block Clear Coat. You soak a paper towel and rub it on. It doesn’t go on evenly and it will be some time to see if it works. But it is the best I could find and I can’t think of a way to improve its application.