Namely, got the van sprayed this weekend. I took it over to my dad’s Thursday night to keep it out of the storm. Then me and the oldest daughter went over Saturday morning to get to work:
Got everything masked off then pulled it in the shed:
Wiped it down, then laid on the sealer:
Once the sealer had tacked up, I went to laying on the new color:
Then we unmasked the middle so it could all get cleared:
Then it was on to laying clear coat:
Threw another coat of clear on the bar while everything was apart:
Let everything tack up, then backed it out, got it unmasked, and put back together:
Another shot once she was home:
Then we had friends over and grilled out, followed by going carp shooting. Sunday morning we did our errands, then spent more time chillin with friends.
Yesterday I got ambitious and decided to get my bar back together with my new Hella lights, clean up overspray, and remount my flaps:
Now I’m just waiting for my friend to get my fairing and dash pieces airbrushed so I can finish putting it back together.
All in all I’m very happy with the color combo. A little mishap with the clear coat left me with some bad areas in the paint (DAD YOU CAN’T MIX CLEAR COATS! Even my daughter knew this!):
I was going to let it cure and sand it all out to respray it, but I’ve decided to wet sand it down and buff it once it’s cured instead. As it stands it’s a great 10ft’r, once it’s buffed out it’ll be fine.