I don’t feel like making a long post (and you probably don’t feel like reading one!) so here is the tl;dr:
Yesterday I discovered the leaking transfer case seal wasn’t actually leaking. Turns out it was a felt washer that is meant to keep gear oil from coming through the splines. Solution is to coat the splines in ultra black, but I couldn’t find mine and everywhere was closed. Didn’t replace the oil seal because it looked perfect, had no signs of leaking, and was going to be a bitch to do.
Went out and bought some today. Got the driveshaft/ transfer case back together today and fingers crossed the (very slow) leak is fixed.
Didn’t want to start on the headliner so I tried doing one of the rear door locks. Got pretty far in before I realized I wouldn’t be able to remove the latch with the window in place. Don’t want to risk another ill fitting window this close to a trip so spent twice as long putting it all back together.
Sweaty. Dirty. Gross.
Took tomorrow off and plan is to do the headliner.