Does anyone know what's involved in the licensing to drive a vehicle with air brakes? I'm starting to seriously consider getting a military truck later this year, but the one I'm interested in, the M1078/79 comes with air brakes. I found the DMV site (Virginia) isn't very clear at all. I know it's generally a CDL thing, but it appears because this truck is only a 2.5 ton and I'm going to have it for personal use, I don't technically need a CDL. But I would still need an air brake endorsement, right?