... but in the past couple days’ evenings, some things have been done on the Chevelle.
This includes but is not limited to (I’ve surely forgotten things):
- Everything torqued down from installing the engine/trans, including the exhaust which was a pain
- Temperature switch for the idiot light installed
- Plug wire guides installed (mostly)
- Headers are bolted up to the engine
- Trans oil topped off (some leaked out the back during installation)
- Starter motor installed (had to loosen the header...) and wired
- Speedometer cable routed and connected, still the wrong ratio
- Oil filter installed, just barely clears some of the bolts for the scattershield
- Driveshaft reinstalled, u-joints greased
- Clutch is bled (!) and tested to the extent of when it’s in gear with the clutch in, my helper could turn the driveshaft by hand
- Oil pressure switch (for the light) and sender (for the gauge) installed and wired
- Part of the power steering bracket that shares bolts with the motor mount and header installed
- Shifter is re-connected, boot installed correctly (what a pain), trim piece in place (now I can sit in it and make race car noises while banging through the gears)
Still a lot to do, but it’s good to be making progress again.