Went to a dealership to test drive a FiST. On my way there the Miata showed 0psi oil pressure for a few seconds so that was neat. Hopefully just a sender. Anyways. Drove a FiST since I happen to need reliable modern practical transportation that isn’t an utter penalty box, despite a chorus of people telling me that a base Fiesta or a Honda Fit but I want a car I can keep for 6 years without being saddled with a total penalty-box.
It did not disappoint.
Things I liked:
- Speakers were adequate.
- Exhaust was nice, slightly throatier than the Miata but the same volume
- Power delivery was fun
- Seats were okay
- Surprising amount of room in the back seat and the hatch
- False floor in the hatch was nifty
- Shifter was surprisingly good
- Wind noise on the highway was minimal
- Automatic HVAC is the best invention ever.
Things I didn’t like:
- Drive by wire is dumb and I hate it how the hell do you heel toe one of these?
- Holy MOTHER of A-pillars
- Needs more turbo noises
But yeah. 10/10 would own.