i finally have the fabric clean and unstitched and ready to be sewn onto the cushions.

after a day of soaking in a bucket of oxyclean, we are left with liquid farts

Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update
Advertisement

then a run through the washing machine

Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update
Advertisement

now that the pieces were clean I was content to sit on the couch, watch Star Wars with my son, and unpick the final seams

Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update
Advertisement

and left with just 4 brand new condition pieces of cloth ready to be sewn into cushion covers. (Zoe approved)

Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update
Advertisement

with all the excess removed and stiff plastic pieces and such gone, I could lay them in place to get a real idea of the outcome

Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update
Advertisement

i LOVE it. will need to find a suitable black/grey fabric to do the back and sides of the cushions, but its gonna come out exactly as imagined

now, seems like a lot of work, but a lot was soaking and waiting. I would say 2-3 hours invested in actual labour

Advertisement

but I did more than just that

having emptied out the liquid farts I refilled the bucket with black dye and set my new(used) floor mats in. no pics of finished product yet

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update

and did some other interior work. roof before:

Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update
Advertisement

roof... umm one panel of sound deadening done :D more to come

Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update
Advertisement

and I did a milk run and accidentally bought a perfect two car garage

Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update

and took Zoe for a walk to get all muddy, then she needed a wash. and I did the household laundry. it was a very washy kinda day!

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update
Illustration for article titled fabric recovery project update

Share This Story

Get our newsletter