I’m sure most of you are familiar with the fake vinyl hardtop on the alfa. It’s ugly, 40 years old, cracking apart and worthless. So today i set off shaving the driprails.

The fiberglass was a lot softer than I expected and I was able to cut through most of it with a hacksaw, the tighter areas I used a 1/8 drill bit and just drilled holes until it came off.

Notice the jag parts in the background. My priorities are 100% straight.


After a rough cut I set off with a sanding block and a piece of 80 grit. Then I covered it in JB weld just to fill in the cracks and hopefully give it just a tad more structure.