If your Ford had a Matthew McConaughey, it would be a Lincoln

Fiesta ST - Quad Light Install

So the total install took me 17 hours from popping the hood to aiming the lights. In that time, I went to a parts store 5 times, had my wife get starbucks twice and swore many, many times.

Keep in mind I have never, ever done anything mechanical in my life other than light bulbs/fluids and other minor things. I chose to do this job as I didn’t trust anyone else to do it for me and I wanted to save the $500-$1000 for install. I have done more intense things on the truck, but this is a different game.

Advertisement

Teardown

This is the before picture, hood popped. Put the car up on ramps, the car is so low I needed to use wood to lengthen the run up so the front bumper cover could clear.

Lights come out!

Advertisement

Off with the bumper!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement

Wiring

I ran a thick cable through a small hole in the firewall, removing the rubber grommet that was in the hole, which I saved for use later. I pushed the cable into the insulation/sound deadening, pulling it out from near the top of the clutch pedal (quite hard, given I had to push my fingers through a tiny hole to get to the firewall and cable).

Advertisement
Hole in firewall with sound deadening and cable visible

Once I had the cable in the car, I attached the 3 switch wires to the other end of the cable (staggering them to make the package smaller) and wrapped it in electrical tape. I pulled the cable through the hole and presto! the wires followed.

Advertisement

I then took apart the centre stack (seat controls/ traction control) as well as the area around and below the shifter. I ran the wires under the drivers side carpet and into the centre tunnel pulling the cable/wires into their final spot.

Advertisement

I then drilled a hole in the base of my centre stack to install my switch. I chose to install it in the Fiesta’s useless cubby hole.

Advertisement

On the exterior, I hooked the power leads up to the battery and after about an hour and a half of faffing about due to a defective part, I was set to install the light plate on my grille.

Advertisement

Installation of the light plate was pretty straightforward. Just drill through the solid part of my grille, put some bolts/nuts in and it was on. I installed the mounting brackets, and test fitted a light. The cables for the lights were fine, but the connectors were too thick to fit through the honeycomb grille, so I made some “modifications” to the plugs as I was not willing to cut my grille.

Advertisement

For the lower lights, due to the sealed section of the grille, I had to drill some holes and use a dremel to bore out a section of honeycomb.

Advertisement

I ran wires along the actual steel bumper, being careful to secure things with zip ties and electrical tape to protect against fraying.

Advertisement

I then installed the lights for a final time, wired them up and got the the bumper cover ready for installation.

Advertisement

Got the bumper all back together!

Advertisement

All lit and ready for aiming!

Share This Story