94 Cherokee Base model, 2wd, 4.0 auto, green over tan.
Here are 10 things I noticed going home from my sister’s place:
1.Sloppy steering. Like easily 30 degrees of play in the wheel and a good bit of wandering.
2. Odd electrics. The radio stays on when the car is shut off.
3. Black smoke under hard acceleration - e.g. Merging onto the highway
4. Spongy brake pedal and long stopping distance.
5. Weak charging system. All lights on dash worked and the voltmeter stayed right under 14 when I was driving but it dropped when I was idling.
6. Smooth torque delivery. I pushed the pedal; the vehicle moves forward. No drama... just a slow, steady push.
7. Temperature gauge stayed put. Once it warmed up it stayed halfway between 100 and 210. Of course it was rebuilt about 80k miles ago so that’s good.
8. Transmission has no slips. Hallelujah!
9. Slight whine coming from rear end. Need to change gear oil back there.
10. I’m a need to get some seats. These are worn out. ZJ seats apparently bolt right in, fit well, and are much more plush.