As Winter turns into Spring and Spring turns into Summer, I know some Oppos will be buying new toys. If you want a vehicle that’s too far away for you to get yourself and costs too much to ship, I’m your gal!
I would only charge for transportation to the car/bike (airfare, Uber) and back home after delivery. I’m not in it to make money, I just love these silly road trips! I would only charge for fuel if you make me pick up something that’s quite thirsty. I’d probably say make sure you have the sale in order first, though. Oh...and make sure it runs and drives/rides? ;)
Only one person has legitimately asked for this (to pick up a mini truck), but unfortunately I was unavailable the weekend he needed to get it.
These trips are cheaper than you think. Here were my costs to get my three long distance smarts.
- Plane ticket from Chicago to Los Angeles: $80 (Frontier, booked a few days in advance).
- Uber ride to airport: $25
- Ride to dealership: $0
- Fuel cost to get home (2,100 miles): $155
Total: +/- $260
- Plane ticket from Chicago to Denver: $31 (Spirit, booked a few days in advance).
- Uber ride to airport: $27
- Public transport to person giving me the car: $10
- Fuel cost to get home (1,100 miles): $60
Total: +/- $128
- Plane ticket from Chicago to Pittsburgh: $210 (United, booked two weeks in advance).
- Uber ride to airport: $37
- Uber ride to seller (in rural Pennsylvania): $70-ish
- Fuel cost to get home (760 miles): $40
Total: +/- $357
The biggest expenses are usually Ubers and airfare, so as long as I get planted at an airport that dirt cheap airlines service and your buyer isn’t too far from it, it’ll be pretty cheap! :)
In other news, the first set of tank decals that I ordered for the CBR F3 are too small, so onto the car one goes! The other will probably find its way onto the convertible.