If your Ford had a Matthew McConaughey, it would be a Lincoln

Gambler Chuckus Update...aaand Another Barn Find!

The most vital parts are ready to go but...OOOH WHAT IS THAT!??!?

My new tyres arrived in the mail. Due to my banking mishap I couldn’t get the knobbies I wanted. So instead I just got tyres larger than stock.

I learned that the front tube didn’t burst during my test ride, it was instead the dry rotted valve stems. Either way, I broke off the other stem then rode around on the flat tyres to break the bead. These will likely be installed Friday night when I have better access to tools.


I’ve tuned the carb and it’s running pretty well for having a 2 year old petrol/new petrol/seafoam mix.

I found out that the handlebars just needed tightening. They feel fine now.

I then set about installing the spotlights. I decided to mount them low and they also double as a mount for the petrol tank, too!


I took off work tomorrow to try to fix a few final issues:

1) Drive belt inspection.

2) Getting the scoot licensed.

3) Location of the source of the grinding noise.

Otherwise we’re ready to Gamble!

Meanwhile, I so want to make this RD200 a winter project.


Ugggh, 2 stroke, good condition, turns over, with compression too. And it’s sooo cheap!

Share This Story