Two cars purchased, one to go. Only one AirBnB booked, but many more lined up and almost ready to pull the trigger on. Schedule and route are all but final... I think we’re good! This trip is happening.
George scored a car yesterday. It was funny to see him run through all the same emotions I did when I bought mine. Mostly we shared a desperate need to tell anyone and everyone about it, but since we’d agreed to keep the cars secret we can’t. I try not to talk about the cars even in general terms because I know I’ll let something slip.
Yes I did consider encoding a secret message in this post. No I did not do that.
Taylor will be the last to buy a car. He has a packed schedule between now and the trip and only has a couple of days in Austin to find, buy, register, and ship a car. Sounds like fun to me!
We did make one change: We’re starting in Tacoma. Weird, I know. But we concluded that Tacoma is a better fit over Seattle for a number of reasons:
- We never get to explore the starting city anyway
- We never really have time to meet with anyone in the starting city
- We’ll all be back to Seattle eventually
- Tacoma is cheaper
- Tacoma should have less traffic and better parking
- Tacoma cuts about an hour off the 1st day drive, giving the the possibility of heading up to Hurricane Ridge, where we ended the 1st trip.
Oh also I was born in Tacoma. Not sure that is relevant.
I’d like the oppotunity to meet up with some PNW Oppos, but I can’t promise anything.
Overall, I’m excited to see things come together. I’m buying ferry tickets today, hopefully, and then we should be all set!