Someone posted a few pictures from Glasgow’s Renfrew airport this morning on Twitter and figured some Oppos might be interested in learning about this amazing lost airport, which opened 8 years before the TWA terminal in 1954.
Due to the popularity of air travel and constraints on expansion, this terminal was only used until 1966, when the airport moved a mile and a half away to its current location. Sadly the airport was closed to make room for the M8 runway. The terminal was abandoned and torn down in 1978, only to be replaced by a Tesco.
Many more photos and details after the gratuitous visit from a certain smiling tourism mascot: