After a ton of work organizing the event over the last several months, it was nice to finally have it.
In addition to all the organizing, planning and running the event, I took my car out on Autobahn north track again.
and took my first drag racing passes ever at Great Lakes Dragaway.
Not everything went perfect, we had a few stumbles, but overall everyone who participated had nothing but positive things to say.
Also had the opportunity to try out the new fixed caliper brake kit I added to my car.
Overall that kit worked well, but highlighted the faults in the stock rear set up, it still has a bunch of compliance and the solid rotors can’t dissipate the heat fast enough. Meaning even with track pads I got some really bad fade and pad smearing.
Though somewhat oddly that was much worse on the driver side than the passenger side.
I attempted to keep my wheel weights attached by using heat tape, but it seems with their proximity to the rotors in the front and the massive amount of heat they have after a session even that is not enough to save them...
It seems the blue pig demands more money, for something beefier in the rear and possibly some temporary, track only, brake ducts for the front.
Hopefully sometime this week I’ll have time to go through the brakes so I can inspect everything and switch back to street pads, and see how everything held up.