The Esprit’s body is no more.
I began by making a convertible of it
Then I cut out the package tray/trunk hinge panel (by request, though the buyer backed out I’m still saving it as it was miraculously rust-free), and started attacking the quarters.
I did mention this car was rustproofed when new, right? It didn’t help being left in a field for 20+ years, it also didn’t help having it all gooped up above the wheel tubs either.
Load #1 of scrap secure in the Ram, after cutting down the middle of the trunk floor and across the wheel tubs. I was hoping to save the door striker panels for my TA, as they’re thin metal and ALWAYS crack, but these were also bad. I guess I’ll be making a patch panel out of stronger stuff.
All that was left of the front half of the body. Tipped it on the firewall and started cutting the rest of the floor and rockers off.
The firewall was then removed and bifurcated, then the somewhat tedious job of trying to separate the windshield from the A-pillars, which were cut to a certain size by request of someone on Facebook who will be purchasing them for their T-top car that has the same amount of rust up top than mine did down below.
I gave up trying to cut the window out with wire like I did the rear. I just started prying and yanking. 70's safety glass isn’t very safe. Large glass shards EVERYWHERE.
That done, I loaded the floor, firewall and remained of the windshield into my truck for Load #2. I saved the dash because VIN.
I forgot to snag a pic of the now mostly empty slab where the car was because it got dark out. All that’s left is the front subframe/engine/trans that I need to do something with still. I might need to borrow the engine hoist from work and separate the engine from the subframe, and junk it next. I’ll find room in the garage for the engine/trans and figure out what to do with it.
Probably a coffee table/boat anchor/urinal, I dunno.
It’s come a long way. It was also a lot greener out back then.